- Is Bill Gates calling Steve Ballmer about now, asking him in a broken, nervous whisper, "We didn't do that Zune thing after all, did we? It was just an idea we dropped, right?"
- What processor does the iPhone have?
Probably an ARM. But definitely not an Intel (according to Intel, and they should know).
- Will there be developer tools for the iPhone?
No. Apple execs tell Gizmodo that, "like an iPod, it won't be an open system that people can develop for."
- Will iPod games run on the iPhone?
Stupid question, sorry. As the OS is different, it's hardly likely.
- Can we say Apple released a tablet computer today?
- Why isn't the iPhone full of Spotlight search boxes? They could be really useful.
- What kind of Widgets can the iPhone run?
- How many pundits will announce today that Apple is no longer interested in the Mac?
- Does the iPhone have a clipboard?
- Does the iPhone support drag and drop?
- Can the iPhone squirt?
- Just about now, does Palm CEO Ed Colligan start feeling really stupid? And insecure?
- Will the iPhone display PDF files?
Yes, though it won't open Office documents.
- Can the iPhone download things from the iTunes Store? Why not?
Nope (see the same Gizmodo piece). I can see, by the way, why it's not so easy.
- What kind of OS X does the iPhone run?
"Not OS X proper," say Apple execs according to Gizmodo. Looks like OS X has just been moved to yet another processor (though this is not Mac OS X, just OS X.)
- Is the iPhone GUI any indication for the upcoming Leopard look?
- How much will an iPhone cost without a contract?
Looks like that simply won't be an option. Damn.
- Are all smartphone manufacturers looking at their screens just about now, with a blank stare, swallowing repeatedly?
- Can the iPhone do GPRS?
- Can you save files from iPhone apps? Can you access them from your Mac?
- What other phone functionality does it have? Voice dial? Alarm clock?
- What angle will bloggers use to ridicule the iPhone?
- Will the HD-based iPods become phone-less iPhones eventually?
- When will we learn the answers to about a million technical questions that are on everyone's minds?
- How many journalists are typing the words "Zune killer" somewhere right now?
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Posted by Puiz at 1/09/2007